Stoma care 2hrs
Stoma care 2hrs
SC01 | P.R. practice reflection
QCF 601/7508/4, Care certificate standard 7 and 15
This course contributes to the recommended guided learning required . You should carry out practice reflection and document subsequent evidence of learning for PDP
This course is aimed to provide primary care givers (RN or CSW if ‘fit for purpose’) with the skills required to manage stoma care. If you are supporting service uers with a colostomy bag this short 2hr module will provide valuable insight to daily care and safe practice.
- Who should attend?
Registered Nurses, Registered mental nurses, CSW with a ‘fit for purpose’ tag, family supporting their loved ones, community nurses.
- Proposed Learner Outcomes - The worker must be able to
- What is colostomy care?
- why have a colostomy
- All about the pouch
- How often to change a pouch
- Procedure to change the pouch
- Empty/drain /disposal
- managing the skin around the area
- Trouble shooting
- prolapses and stenosis problems
- Good Foods to eat with colostomy
- what its like to live with a stoma
- 4 point emergency plan … when to refer a problem
- How many candidates may attend?
- This training is not limited in attending staff.
Equivalent Relevant information
1. For registered nurses who wish to incorporate this training into your PREP portfolio’s, you should carry
out practice reflection and attach subsequent evidence from this training
2. Certificates are issued for each candidate and are valid for approximately 3 years
3. A candidate assessment is available for post training audit
Included in the session is theory based information that may involve a powerpoint presentation.
The key points to remember are:
1. The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
2. Staff should not be expected to be on duty
4. Staff attending must remain for the entire length of the session to obtain a certificate.
N.B Registration details are kept by us for Seven years. It is important to register on the day.
Registration details are kept by us for Seven years and are legal documents. It is important to register in block capitals clearly on the day.
How to book your course
Please call us on 0208 144 9491. You can also submit our online booking enquiry form too.